Performance and modeling
Research in the field of performance and modeling focuses on mathematical models and
frameworks to support Internet services based on distributed architectures. The main areas are: load representation models, prediction models and state and anomaly detection models.
This page includes a selected list of publications since 2006.
Publications not available online can be requested to the authors.
- S. Casolari, M. Colajanni, "On the selection of models for runtime prediction of system resources", Autonomic Systems, Springer (Eds. Danilo Ardagna, Li Zhang), to appear.
- S. Casolari, M. Colajanni, "Short-term prediction models for server management in Internet-based contexts",Decision Support Systems (DSS), Elsevier, vol. 48, no. 1, Dec. 2009.
- Sara Casolari, Marco Villani, Michele Colajanni, Roberto Serra, "Separating internal and external fluctuation in distributed Web-based services", European Conference on Complex Systems (ECCS 2009), Warwick, UK, September 2009.
- Sara Casolari, Michele Colajanni, Francesco Lo Presti, "Runtime state change detector of computer system resources under non stationary conditions", Proc. of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecomunication Systems (IEEE ACM MASCOTS 2009), London, September 2009.
- Sara Casolari, Michele Colajanni, Stefania Tosi, "Self-adaptive techniques for the load trend evaluation of internal system resources". Proc. of the fifth International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems (ICAS 2009), Valencia, Spain, April 20-25 2009
- Sara Casolari, Mauro Andreolini, Michele Colajanni, "Runtime prediction models for Web-based system resources". Proc. of the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecomunication Systems (IEEE ACM MASCOTS 2008), Baltimore, MA, September 2008.
- Mauro Andreolini, Sara Casolari, Michele Colajanni, "Models and framework for supporting run-time decisions in Web-based systems". ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), vol. 2, no. 3, Aug. 2008
- Mauro Andreolini, Sara Casolari, Michele Colajanni, "Self-inspection mechanisms for the support of autonomic decisions in Internet-based systems". Proc. of the third International Conference on Autonomic and Autonomous Systems, (ICAS 2007), Athens, Greece, June 19-25 2007. (best paper)
- Mauro Andreolini, Sara Casolari, "Load prediction models in Web-based systems". Proc. of the first International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (VALUETOOLS 2006), Pisa, Italy, October 11-13 2006